At both ProsperiTea Planning and Tea & Taxes Company, your privacy is important to us. While information is the cornerstone of our ability to offer excellent service, our firm recognizes the need to keep the information you share with us in the strictest confidence. This notice provides you with our privacy policies and practices with respect to the disclosure of nonpublic information about you.
Information We May Collect
In providing you with our services, we collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on tax returns or other forms or interviews you give us
- Information you authorize us to collect on your behalf, including loan and/or investment information and information from the IRS and State Departments of Revenue
Information We May Disclose and To Whom We May Disclose It
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you:
- While acting as your authorized representative in dealings with tax authorities
- To anyone to whom you specifically request that we send your financial information, including College Financial Aid Offices, Town Assessor’s Offices, Banks, Investment Companies or others with whom you are doing business. In these situations we would limit the information disclosed to the minimum required to meet your purpose.
- To any successor firms, including any incorporated form of these businesses
We do not disclose any other nonpublic personal information to anyone else, except as permitted or required by law. Under Massachusetts law, if you provide us with information which you identify as confidential pursuant to a professional engagement with us, we are not permitted to disclose that information without your consent, except in response to a court proceeding, to use a specific person’s information in response to their own complaint, or to respond to inquiries from a certifying or licensing authority. In addition, we do not routinely disclose even public information about our clients, including your name or the nature of the services we provide to you, unless you have consented to act as a reference for us and even then, of course, we do not discuss your confidential information.
Of course, we do not sell mailing lists.
Our Security Practices
We restrict access to your personal information to the minimum necessary members of the firm. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your information. We routinely shred discarded confidential papers and we use a firewall against Internet incursions into our data.
Compliance with Massachusetts WISP Mandate
We have developed and implemented a comprehensive Written Information Security Program (“WISP”) in accordance with Massachusetts regulations. This program includes administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to minimize the risk concerning any sensitive information that we store.